Article number: K-LBS-TR100
Step 1- Select the proper stone for your edge.
Step 2- Set the Tri-Stone Benchstone base on a stable, flat surface with the stone you have selected facing up.
Note- Lubrication of any kind is not recommended while sharpening on any of the three stones. DO NOT USE HONING OIL ON THE DIAMOND STONE.
Step 3- Observe the bevel angle on the blade you intend to sharpen. Then, bring the edge to the stone matching your sharpening angle to the bevel angle.
Step 4- Using light pressure, push the edge of the blade across the stone in one motion, much like trying to slice a thin layer off the top of the stone. Maintaining a consistent angle is essential for the best results.
Step 5- Repeat process 3-4 times on one side of the blade then switch to the other side and repeat.
Step 6- Repeat this process until edge is sharp then progress to finer stones and repeat.
Step 7- Clean your stones.
Clean the Diamond stone with a damp rag after each use.
Clean your Alumina Oxide stone with Nathan’s Honing Oil® after each use
Clean the Ceramic stone with the Lansky Eraser Block® after each use.
1. Use a series of stones for the best results. For an undamaged edge start with the Medium Alumina-Oxide stone.
2. Start with your selected stone. Use 3-4 strokes on one side of the blade. Repeat process on the other side of the blade. Repeat this whole process, switching between sides, about 3-4 times.
3. Then use only 2 strokes per side. Repeat this process 2-3 times.
4. Then 1 stroke per side. Repeat this process 1-2 times.
5. Move on to a finer stone.
Be Smart, Be Safe and Stay an Edge Above the Rest!